any trick to allow anonymous code blocks in python?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Sat Jun 26 04:34:55 EDT 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:
> In any case we will have our own wrapper for wxWidgets.  We hope to have
> cool new wxWidget wrapper features that take advantage of our native OS
> threads and some of our unique language features like functions-as-commands
> and caller access (kind of like macros).

One thing to be aware of is that wxPython actually has a fair amount
of widgets coded entirely in Python.  That means you get to lack
some of it, or have to re-implement it.

An example of a nice one is the maskededit.  Obviously you won't
need to duplicate all of them, but they do exist since they were
useful to enough people for Robin to include them.

And the biggest issue with wxPython users seems to have been the
documentation.  There are some people who find the C++ derived
doc as unPythonic and unreadable.  Robin has been doing all sorts
of clever stuff with SWIG to try and make the __doc__ be useful
although method signatures still aren't (they are all *args, **kwargs).

It would be interesting to see the Prothon version of the wxPython
demo.  If you were a real masochist you could do one showing the
Python demo code and the corresponding Prothon demo code side
by side to demonstrate which one is better :-)

Roger