DocumentationTools (docstring --> html)

Mon Jun 21 09:47:19 EDT 2004

"Thomas Guettler" <guettli at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.06.21.07.03.15.264772 at thomas-guettler.de...
> Hi,
>
> I want to create documentation in html
> from docstrings. According to this URL,
> there are many projects:
>
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/DocumentationTools
>
>     * PyDoc, http://web.pydoc.org/
>     * DocUtils, http://docutils.sourceforge.net/ ReStructuredText
processing engine
>     * EpyDoc, http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/
>     * HappyDoc, http://happydoc.sourceforge.net/
>     * PythonDoc - uses ReStructuredText input format, and can produce HTML
and XML output. It uses XML as an intermediate representation, to simplify
the addition of new output formats.
http://starship.python.net/crew/danilo/pythondoc/
>     * Crystal - produces output that is similar to [Wiki]JavaDoc.
>     * EasyDoc - uses an HTML-like markup language, similar to the language
used by [Wiki]JavaDoc; and produces HTML output
(http://htmltmpl.sourceforge.net/easydoc.html)
>     * Teud, [EfnetPythonWiki]TeudProject
>
> Can someone give me an advice which one to
> choose?
>
>  Thomas

I found EpyDoc *very* easy to use, and the results are beautiful!

-- Paul