Queue module and Python Documentation Rant

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Fri Jun 18 21:02:45 EDT 2004

Roel Schroeven wrote:
> Well, not everybody: I don't like the PHP documentation at all. Part of
> the problem is precisely the user comments:

You don't have to read them :-)  They are clearly distinguished from the
documentation itself.

> if you don't. And often they contradict each other, or are written by
> newbies who feel it is their duty to share their clumsy re-invention of
> the wheel to the whole community.

To be honest I would rather have that and ignore them, than have nothing.
(That is a the cathedral vs the bazaar style situation).

> What should be done is regularly incorporate the useful information from
> the user comments in the documentation itself and then remove the user
> comments.

I believe they do that, although I don't think it is done often enough.

> I also find it very confusing and impractical that the user comments are
> sorted from newest to oldest:

Agreed.

Roger