mysql vs sqlite vs hsql

Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud peufeu at free.fr
Thu Jun 24 02:33:47 EDT 2004

Level 1:

	- have you optimized your database design ?

	- have you cleaned your tables ?

	OPTIMIZE TABLE blah;

Level 2:
	- Send several inserts per query (you save on IPC time)
	- Use block inserts (inserts many rows at a time) => much much faster

	Read the mysql dox

Subsidiary:

	What's this doing on the python mailing list ?