Need help resolving accidental (honest!) language pissing match

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Thu Jun 3 17:31:39 EDT 2004

Jeff Epler <jepler at unpythonic.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.517.1086194408.6949.python-list at python.org>...
> Here's my try, using numarray:
[...]
> This runs for about .6 seconds on a 2.4GHz PC running Linux.
>
> I'm not sure whether the results are right, but at least the program
> finishes quickly, and involves a random array, a running sum, and some
> statistics.

Just what the doctor ordered! Many thanks! :)

(p.s. If your interested, the numarray script takes about 1 sec on my
G4/867 running OS10.2.6 - about same speed as the original example.
Only change I made was replacing numint with uniform to get reals. But
numarray wins on sheer size and breadth of functionality, imnsho...;)