Debugging Python with Emacs

Peter Milliken peterm at resmed.com.au
Mon Jun 14 17:50:08 EDT 2004

Not sure what you mean here as I haven't seen the pydebug plugin referenced
(or jEdit for that matter  - once you discover Emacs you require no other
editor :-)).

But you do realise you can run Python from within Emacs (C-c ! from within
any buffer visiting a .py file) and thence import pdb (and your module to
debug) and debug directly there? This allows you all the benefits of running
Python from a command line and getting all the edit features of Emacs
available at the same time. In fact this is the way I debug pretty much all
of my code.

Regards,
Peter

news:1gfdsc1.xki45v1xowbeoN%wezzy at despammed.com...