try/except/finally construct not available?

Ian Sparks Ian.Sparks at etrials.com
Tue Jun 29 09:21:22 EDT 2004

> How do I do something similar to the following java code?
>
> try{
>   a.mightThrow();
> }
> catch(Exception e){
>   System.out.print("looks like an exception");
> }
> finally{
>   a.cleanup();
> }

In python you need an extra try..finally around your try..except

try:
    try:
        a.mightThrow()
    except:
	print "Looks like an exception"
finally
   a.cleanup()

you can also have multiple except clauses to handle different types of exception :

try:
    try:
        a.mightThrow()
    except KeyError:
        print "Looks like a KeyError"
    except:
        print "Looks like some other sort of exception"
finally
   a.cleanup()