Add methods to int?

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Jun 16 17:54:50 EDT 2004

Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:

> So would that be a point where to make improvements?

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you think it would be an improvement if int
and str could be customized? I doubt that. I can easily think of mutually
exclusive extensions that would prevent modules from different authors from
working together. If you have a compelling addition, why not suggest it for
inclusion in the next version of Python?

Another option is to adopt quixote's technique of turning str into htmltext.

Peter

PS: If you know whether read-only dictionaries are a technical or political
decision, don't hold back to tell us.