psycopg problem

Gandalf gandalf at geochemsource.com
Thu Mar 11 03:56:12 EST 2004

Oh my god! I tried the same with other modules too.

Here are the resulsts:

1. psycopg:      when a command fails, it will terminate the trasaction
but it tells that it will ignore other commands until the end of the
transaction block
2. PyGreSQL:  when a command fails, it will terminate the trasaction but
it tells that it will ignore other commands until the end of the
transaction block
3. pyPgSQL:    when a command fails, it will terminate the trasaction
without furhter notice (!!!)

I see big problems here. I tried these too: Oracle, FireBird, MS SQL,
SAP DB. I was able to run an erroneous SQL and then continue my transaction
(e.g. execute other commands in the same transaction). In my situation,
I just can't tell if a command will fail or not. If would be too hard
and too slow
to determine if a command will fail or not. Hey, this is why exceptions
was born! From the other side, I must be able to commit or rollback all
my changes
at the end of the block, depending on several things. Can anybody help
me please?