GUI Frameworks in Python?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Mar 30 09:18:50 EST 2004

[Peter]
> I'm curious about the differences with wxPython.  Three seconds seems
> unusually long when on a slightly slower machine I can do it in well
> under a second.  Was that the first time you ran it?  Many other apps
> open?  I have over 256MB RAM free when I try this...

I tried it on this 3GHz 1GB XP box and it took 3.5 seconds to bring up the
wxPython demo's splash banner.  That was with lots of other stuff running and
not having run it before during this session, but with plenty of available RAM
and nothing soaking the processor.  Try it after a clean boot or a good long
disk-cache-hammering spell of doing something else - you might find it's
slower than you think.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com