Package name with '.' in them: Python Bug ?

Yannick Patois patois at calvix.org
Fri Mar 19 17:23:06 EST 2004

Stephen Robert Norris wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:12:03 +0100, Yannick Patois wrote:
> The only potential bug here is that perhaps python should have raised an
> error when the import happened.

The doc explicitly says:
"his function does not handle hierarchical module names (names
containing dots)."

So you may say that it's up to the programmer to comply with the doc,
and shouldnt expect things to work well if not.

But, I dont want to handle a hierarchical module: just a non
hierarchical one that appends to have a dot in it's name, and it's not
so explicit that this would break.

The fact that it "almost" work is even more strange, and error prone.

But I dont know, I wont say that this has to be fixed in any way outside
of the programmer's code.

	Yannick

--
| web: http://feelingsurfer.net/garp/ | Garp sur irc undernet          |