Python database

@(none) "daniel\" at (none)
Thu Mar 11 08:07:40 EST 2004

Facts:

(1) I don't know anything about data bases

(2) I don't have much time to learn about them (but I do have SOME time)

(3) I need to store (and retrieve) thousands of pages for a wiki, and
need to be able to perform simple searches in the data base (but nothing
else)

(4) I want to have open source free of charge programs

Can someone recommend a simple, easy-to-program data base? As far as I
have understood there is no standard data base in Python. Why is this
so? Do people have too different needs?

      / Any help is much appreciated!