Python Documentation Blows!

Adam T. Gautier adam_gautier at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 11:02:57 EST 2004

OK, First off I am new to Python but I am a convert.  I sat down and
wrote two medium complexity applications in Python from scratch and
learning the language in a few days.  If I were to do this in C++ and/or
Java it would have taken atleast a month (Rember I was also learning the
Python language).  But, I am sick of the documentation!  I don't really
use too many Java example applications when I am writing in Java because
(1.) I have been writting in Java since it was called Oak and 2.) I have
the JavaDocs that give me a good grounding as to what the
package/class/function/const is doing).  Is there anythin comperable for
Python?  It is a shame that the only limitation of a great is
documentation.  Is there a project that is trying to do this? Am I
completely off my rocker? Is the Tutorial and Module documentation on
python.org enough?  What would it take to develop an JavaDoc like
repository.  I don't know much about the PyPI but is a requirement
documentation?  What I think would be cool is a PyPI wiki that is
dedicated to to documentation.  When a module is submitted it is sent
through a dog auto-gen that generates wiki pages.  The wiki pages would
be a reference page(s) (think javadoc), an example code page(s), and a
tutorial thread page(s).  Just the refrence page would be auto generated
and the example and tutorial page(s) could be created by the developer
and/or the community in very wiki like style.  What do y'all think?