Concatenating numerical and string attributes

dont bother dontbotherworld at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 04:26:14 EST 2004

Hey,
I have these attributes:

index[i]
which is a numerical value value

vector[i]
which is a numerical float value

and I want to concatenate like this:

featurevector = string(1)+ " " + string(index[i]) +
":" +string(vector[i])
However, when I run my program I get this error:

$Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "try.py", line 70, in ?
    featurevector=string(index[i])+string(vector[i])
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

What I have to do is this:

I have to write this feature vector which occurs in
computation of some loop to a file. The file has to be
in append more since I have to separate various
feature vectors by space.

For example the I have to write like this:

1 10:0.2304 20:0.2804 30:0.567

I have these values 10:0.2304, 20:0.2804, 30:0.567
coming from a loop where I compute index them as
index, value pair. i.e. the tuple is index[i],
vector[i].
I was trying to do this by concatenating 1 and then
subsequent strings. However, I have this error.

Can some one point me how to do this, though seems to
be simple, but I am ignorant. Note that I need to
write 1 only once, in the starting.

Thanks A Ton to this list,
Dont