root password in a .py script

Bart Nessux bart_nessux at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:40:30 EST 2004

>This is not a good idea...

Yes, I know it isn't. It's not very graceful at all, but I must do it.
Whether I use a baseball bat from a distance of 1 meter to strike a computer
monitor or use a sniper rifle from 400 meters away to shoot the monitor, the
result is the same. Currently, this is a kludge (the baseball bat
approach)... I'm trying to make it more graceful.

>What is preventing you from prompting for the password on execution?

The script must run automaticly/programmaticly on 200 machines.