Python Database Driven Web Development

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Mar 9 10:12:55 EST 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:27:29 -0500,
	Maru, Mulugeta <mmaru at visiontv.ca> wrote:

> I have not done a web development yet and would like to know the best way
> to go about doing it. What is xml-rpc? Sorry I am green on this subject.
> Someone suggested to use webware. I am hoping to buy or get an online
> tutorial material on Python/MySQL web development.

You could look for Steve Holden's book on Python web programming.

Also, Dave Kuhlman has a nice Quixote tutorial; see
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/quixote_appgetgo.html .  Section 7.1 has an
example of using the PostgreSQL database under Quixote; adapting it to MySQL
shouldn't be difficult.  Most relational databases support a standard
interface under Python; see http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/DB-API.html for
a (slightly elderly) tutorial on it.

In my opinion XML-RPC, while useful, would be pretty confusing if you're
new to web applications; I wouldn't worry about it for now.

--amk