Extending Python Syntax with @

Y2KYZFR1 jarrodhroberson at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 00:49:19 EST 2004

Ben Finney <bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au> wrote in message news:<slrnc4v696.lhs.bignose-hates-spam at iris.polar.local>...
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:50:58 -0500, John Roth wrote:
> > Someday people will get over their attachment with being able to write
> > programs with any old text editor that happens to be lying around, and
> > being able to print their programs without needing a special
> > formatting program, but that day isn't today, and I doubt if it's
> > tomorrow.
>
> I doubt it's ever, because such a day would have to be preceded by the
> day when programs no longer need to be inspected, maintained or
> transferred between systems not specifically set up as developer
> workstations.

funny thing is VB has survived this long just because you HAVE to have
the IDE to edit the code. That is one of the biggest selling points of
VB.

It should not be an issue, just make all the IDE's cross platform.

All the worth while Java IDE's are cross platform. Intellij IDEA and
Together.
Maybe Eclipse but it is pretty buggy compared to the commerical
offerings.

That is what Python is missing is an quality IDE that is cross
platform. All the ones out now suck when compared to something like
IDEA or Together.

anyone that thinks about following up this post with anything about vi
or emacs can just stop right now and go back to their hole.