E-mail account disabling warning.

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Thu Mar 4 11:11:31 EST 2004

Dang Griffith wrote:
> Tim Peters wrote:
> >it's not from anyone at python.org, and the zip file attached contains a
> >Windows virus.  But if you run it anyway, I'm sure Guido will be happy to
> >fly to your house and clean up your PC.
> >
> >it's-the-least-he-could-do-for-you-ly y'rs  - tim
> >
> I also received it at my lazytwinacres domain, from my own management
> team, hahaha.  Well, that's what the reply-to said.  Since I manage
> the email accounts, I somehow doubted its validity.  I was surprised
> that the attachment is only about 16k, instead of the usual 134k.

Having 0.102 points in Spambayes, this e-mail actually turned up in my
unsure box, because of the words follow, house, password, pc, please,
usual, viruses, zip, and (even stronger) attachement, security, virus
(even more strong) p.s., account and details. So, because this e-mail
has the same words multiple times it'll probably turn up in the unsure
box as well ;-)

So, let's include some hammy words:

original running unsubscribe fedora-list code import linux def getting
mailing call same already tool someone something gerrit, subject: ...
looks seems says nothing

That should do the trick ;-)

Gerrit.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 04/03 14:55 UTC:
	7.0°C haze mostly clear wind 4.5 m/s E (57 m above NAP)