Twisted/Woven threading?

Patrick Useldinger p at trick.lu
Wed Mar 3 16:09:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:07:04 +0100, Ivan Voras <ivoras at __geri.cc.fer.hr>
wrote:

>I've experimented with a simple web application made with woven and
>stated by twistd from a .tap file, on a Win32. It seems that the web
>server started that way is not multitasked/multithreaded and that one
>request that requires long processing (e.g. a factory that produces a
>long result fetched from a database) makes the server totaly unresponsive.
>
>Is that normal? What can I do to make it multithreaded?

Twisted is by default singlethreaded. If you want multithreading, you
need to arrange that yourself and write the code for your web server.

BTW, Woven is depreciated for new developements and will be replaced by
Newov (new woven).

-pu
--
http://www.homepages.lu/pu/