vim & python

sb spam_bait101 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 14:51:24 EST 2004

Hello

I have a bunch of questions about using python scripting in vim and
about editing python with vim.

I can install vim with python scripting support, but I can not find
docs, examples or tutorials about scripting vim using python anywhere
with google.

Is it possible to enable "calltips" while editing python documents
with vim? (BTW I've read somewhere that pyalamode was created
specifically because someone wanted "calltips" not just in the
interpreter, but in the editor as well. FWIW, VC++ has had calltips
for many years. However, I can not get those calltips to work in
pyalamode either. So I'm anxious to find any editor for python that
has calltips, but I would prefer it to be vim though)

I've heard the biggest python gurus use vim. *Please* post some
screenshots of you in action - some interesting things like
   - calltips,
   - editor-shell interaction
   - reference manual invocation by keyword from within the editor
   - object browser,
   - etc.
Or are you using vim just like C coders do?