ZODB for beginners - the most simple example ?

Richard Shea richardshea at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 28 02:53:58 EST 2004

Hi - I'm trying to use ZODB but I'm having trouble getting started.
Can anyone point me at a very simple example ?

I've had a look at 'ZODB/ZEO Programming Guide'
(http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/node2.html) but although
it's good stuff it's not clear to me how the pieces of example fit
together to produce something that works.

I've also read 'Introduction to the Zope Object Database'
(http://www.python.org/workshops/2000-01/proceedings/papers/fulton/zodb3.html)
which has good examples but they rely on a module called 'PTextIndex'
which (as far as I can see) is not defined anywhere.

So if anyone could point me at a very, very simple ZODB usage example
I'd be very grateful (and I should just say that both of the above
resources are very helpful so thanks to their authors).

thanks

Richard.