Any Python Hackers Wanna Beta Test????

Miki Tebeka miki.tebeka at zoran.com
Wed Mar 10 03:34:20 EST 2004

Hello Tim,

> I considred something like this, but I don't actually want a full blown
> language available to the end-user.  Too easy for them to blow things
> up.
Yes. OTOH they'll want more and more power and more and more features.
Just hand them Python and warn them.

> I am working on something that is essentially almost entirely
> a lexical substitution (aka macro) engine.  The only "logic" will be
> conditional inclusion of selected statments and simple string
> substitution.  I may also add lexical namespaces since this is easy to
> do.
Have you considerd using either the C pre processor or M4 macro language?
One more option is to link to a small language that you can modify, have
a look at tiny scheme (http://tinyscheme.sourceforge.net/). It's one C
file implementation and you have a full language to give to your users.

> I used a similar idea when I wrote 'twander' and now I want a more
> generic version of it:
>
> http://www.tundraware.com/Software/twander/
Very cool. I like it.

HTH.