GUI Frameworks in Python?

Jon Willeke j.dot.willeke at verizon.dot.net
Tue Mar 30 08:07:18 EST 2004

Hugh Macdonald wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:11:55 +0800
> "Phipps Xue" <phipps.xue at sap.com> wrote:
>

>>pyGTK is also a good GUI frameworks but it's not available now for
>>windows platform. I suppose it's its most important shortage.
>

> I'm developing for Linux, so that's less of an issue for me....  Although I did check out the pyGTK module we've got installed here at work and it seems very slightly different from the version in the pyGTL tutorials(mainloop() instead of main_loop(), GtkWindow() instead of Window()...)

I can't vouch for it, but the following FAQ entry describes using PyGTK
on Windows:

<http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq21.012.htp>

If you're going to evaluate PyGTK, do yourself a favor and look at 2.0,
or later.  If it has GtkWindow, it's ancient.  If it has gtk.Window,
it's recent.  While a GUI builder isn't essential, I recommend also
looking at GLADE 2 and libglade.