Gadfly ????

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Mar 10 17:00:33 EST 2004

Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> writes:

> > I suppose your python script is allowed to write some file(s),
> > otherwise you
> > wouldn't be able to implement a database. You could import a special
> > _sqlite.py module that has _sqlite.pyd encoded in a big string, and on
> > the first call writes it out to _sqlite.pyd and wouldn't be called on
> > subsequent times.
>
> OMG :-o

Well, there's even an quasi-proof-of-concept in the standard library,
albeit not in terms of using the code as a module.  But an embedded
binary is how distutils includes the binary portion of the win32
installer for the bdist_wininst target. :-)

See .../lib/distutils/commands/bdist_wininst.py

-- David