OFF-TOPIC:: Why Lisp is not my favorite programming language

Bootstrap Bill wrcousert at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 23:03:09 EST 2004

"Claudio Puviani" <puviani at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:lo23c.34147$Ak2.10261275 at news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert at yahoo.com> wrote
> >
> > "Dale King" <kingd[at]tmicha[dot]net> wrote in message
> > news:404675da at news.tce.com...
> > > Feel free to name a language that you think is dead and someone will
tell
> > > you someplace that it is still in active use.
> >
> > Radio Shack Level I BASIC?
>
> Nope. I have a TRS-80 Model I with Level I BASIC in my mini-museum.
Granted, the
> only "use" is to show friends that it still works, but it's still a form
of use.
> :-)
>
> Claudio Puviani

I was 15 when I got my first computer, a 4k TRS-80 Model I with Level I
BASIC, cassette tape for storage. It was several years before I could afford
a system with a floppy drive, let alone a hard drive.. I spent nearly all my
free time for months teaching myself BASIC programing, mostly trial and
error. The book that came with my Model I was a great introduction to
programming.

My 13 year old niece wants to learn programming. What's the best
introductory language for her?