monitoring a directory

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Mar 25 07:53:01 EST 2004

[Tim Golden <tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk>]

>The other method, which is a bit more sophisticated, uses the

Hhm, looks like "win32file" expertise is around ;-)

Shameless question plugin: Is there a way to find the realname of a
file on Windows? In those times of DOS there was a DOS call/interrupt
"Truename" that would return the real name of a files. This is
important if you have created additional drives via the "SUBST"
command.

I'm still looking for a foolproof way to ensure that two files are
different on windows. There are times where I'd like to avoid deleting
the last valid copy of a file ...

mb - Martin Bless