sorting times

Duncan Booth me at privacy.net
Mon Mar 29 03:50:44 EST 2004

Scott David Daniels <Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org> wrote in
news:40649711$1 at nntp0.pdx.net:

>> I implemented both algorithms in C , as bubble sort used to take 8
>> hours.
> Actually, just use the python implementations for both -- you are
> supposed to be looking at time complexity, not speed.  At suitably
> smaller sizes, you'll still be able to watch your program finish.

Since he has actually implemented them in C, he could try for extra bonus
marks and compare the speed and complexity of his implementations with
Python's built-in sort. Those results could be quite interesting.