WSDL in python?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Mar 3 14:49:54 EST 2004

In article <d114ac8b.0402270529.711a3619 at posting.google.com>,
Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>After googling for some time, and checking ZSI and other solutions, I
>have not found a way to write a web service application (server that
>is) in Python and automatically create a WSDL description for it.
>The question:
>- Does such a solution exist (WSDL server support)?
>- if not, any way to deploy python web services using WSDL, even if it
>needs learning another package/syntax/...?
>
>Please, don't suggest to me xml-rpc, as I have some compatibility
>issues..
			.
			.
			.
No; to the best of my knowledge there is no such package.

I probably should do it.  I did a crude one for Tcl, and I
even suspect I know of a client who'd pay for it, at least
in part.  Bluntly, while I'd like to do it, my calendar's
already too full, unless a lucrative contract falls on me,
and lets me shift other work around.

Is there another way?  Sure, there are lots.  You could
use Java- or Perl-based WSDL-savvy facilities, and control
them with Python.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net