Python as replacement for PHP?

R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah ng4rrjanbiah at rediffmail.com
Fri Mar 5 02:53:16 EST 2004

Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> wrote in message news:<du7wu60ra10.fsf at amadeus.cc.tut.fi>...

>     R> If you do *programming* without knowing what to pass to a
>     R> function or what a function returns, you're a complete idiot as
>     R> a idiot can be.  Moreover, if you take it as an argument
>
> Occasionally, in absence of static typing, you might accidentally call
> a function using a return value of another function as an argument and
> they are not compatible. W/ python you notice it immediately; with PHP
> or Perl your program starts behaving weirdly (if you don't check
> return values that is) and you can't pinpoint exactly what went
> wrong. This is what makes people run to statically typed languages,
> believing that all dynamic typing is shoddy like this.
>
>     R> against PHP, you're yet another ignorant and obviously you
>     R> don't have any rights to speak about PHP nor anything.
>
> I wasn't really talking about PHP, but the approach you took to attack
> the arguments of OP (arguments which I agree w/ BTW, but that's
> another story).
>
>     R> Yes, people with functioning brain may already conculded that
>     R> when you posted your previous message itself.

> to this thread.

   Obviously, you should know what you're doing
(<http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=403fa54b%40news.zianet.com>)
And, please find some time to learn about the error reporting or error
handling mechanism of the languages before throwing your comments.
(Hint: Your comments clearly shows your ignorance in one or more
languages)

   HTH. HAND.

--
 From comp.lang.php
 "I don't believe in the God who doesn't give me food, but shows me