OT(Slightly): Thanks to Python.

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Sat Mar 13 00:24:19 EST 2004

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> schreef:

> What gives you that idea? There are no statically typed parameters in
> anything I have shown you (except the C++).
[...]
> I think you really should tell me what _your_ definition of static
> typing is, otherwise we're going to go around in circles for a very
> long time.

I think I didn't understand what exactly the "(x integer)" in that code
was.  Now I think it's like a tuple (or something similar) that's passed
to the code in the background that has to select the "wanted version" of
a function or method at runtime.   :-)

So, what some people want is defining functions in a way similar to this:

def foo(a, b) for (type1, type2):
    print "type 1 & 2"

def foo(a, b) for (type3, type4):
    print "type 3 & 4"