Final Project - GUI front-end - Accessing and returning data from a file

Stewart Midwinter stewartNO at SPAMmidtoad.homelinux.org
Mon Mar 8 01:31:54 EST 2004

Bugsyboy9 wrote:

> Essentially, I want to have a GUI front-end asking the user for what
> inventory item they are looking for, have them click an enter button,
> have the code search a file for the requesters string and return the
> information within the same GUI front-end.

well, probably the easiest GUI toolkit out there is easygui,
http://www.ferg.org/easygui/index.html

It's procedural, rather than event-driven, and will allow you to create
simple dialogs that ask the user for input and provide output back to
them. You only need to install one file on top of the regular Python, so
long as Tkinter is part of that installation.

Good luck!