Python for large projects

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Wed Mar 24 17:11:11 EST 2004

Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> pisze:

> Some lobbying is needed, of course. Getting something like IBM or
> Novell (well, Novell is probably stuck w/ Mono... IronPython, anyone?)
> officially endorsing and sponsoring Python would be oh-so-cool.

Oh, dear...

I think the best way of lobbying for Python adoption is to write good
software with Python.

I started writing programs in Python when I discovered famous APS (NTLM
Authorization Proxy Server, written by Mr. Rozmanov) -- a clever piece
of code, that performs some nasty trick in corporate networks, where
ladmins use NTLM Authorization on web proxies, and enables one to use
any webbrowser, not only MSIE (Mozilla Team *plans* to incorporate NTLM
Authorization in future). In my >15 years of professional programming
such thing happened only this one time.

I'll just try to write good and usable software.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/