Upgrade 2.2.2 to 2.3.3: Keep my old 3rd party modules or rebuild them or reinstall from scratch?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Fri Mar 5 17:26:20 EST 2004

Anything with C code (and everything you described there has C code)
needs to be rebuilt (and/or redownloaded).  (Most projects have 2.3
binaries available for download already).  Generally speaking, major
versions of Python (x.x releases) are binary-extension incompatible with
previous versions (x.w).

HTH,
Mike

Eduardo Bernal wrote:

>I'd like to upgrade to 2.3.3, mostly to use VPython. I have a lot of
>stuff not in the standard distro,
>VPython, PIL, wxPython, eGenix tools, etc. How much of this stuff can I
>still use as is, i.e. just copying over the 2.2 site-lib stuff to the
>2.3 site-lib stuff? What will I have to rebuild? TIA
>
>Ed

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/