A Byte of Python - Python Book / Tutorial

Oren Tirosh oren-py-l at hishome.net
Sat Mar 6 09:33:13 EST 2004

"""There are so many programming languages out there, but has there ever
been one which is both simple and powerful? And which is good for both
beginners as well as experts? And which is fun to program with? There is!
It is called Python. This book will help you learn this wonderful language
and show how to get things done quickly and painlessly - in effect "The
Perfect Anti-Venom for your programming problems!"

Python is talked about as the 100-year language. Why? Because they say it
will be the only programming language in use a 100 years from now...
"""

I think I am as enthusiastic about Python as anyone else on this newsgroup
but this gushing praise of Python in the preface makes me a bit uneasy. If
I were new to Python it would be a complete turnoff for me "...oh no, yet
another religious fanatic..."

I think it may be better to tone it down a little to avoid alienating
potential new converts to our secret cult planning world domination ;-)

   Oren