Gadfly ????

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Wed Mar 10 03:04:02 EST 2004

"Frithiof Andreas Jensen" <frithiof.jensen at removethis.ted.ericsson.dk> wrote in message news:<c2i6lh$ono$1 at newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se>...
> "Fuzzyman" <michael at foord.net> wrote in message
> news:8089854e.0403080014.4e03b516 at posting.google.com...
>
> > Because I *won't* be allowed to install anything other than python
> > scripts on the server...........
>
> That sounds very odd:
>
> A Malicious Python script can do just as much evil as a C++ executable only
> in fewer lines of code!
>
> Maybe it would be easier to get hold of a dedicated server than to work
> around the idiosynchracies(?) of the IT department(?) managing the server?
> The ressource requirements of PSQL + Python are small - almost any junk PC
> could work for a Proof-of-Concept.

I can do a proof of concept on my own computer with a personal server.

The script will be installed on the company intranet though... so I'd
rather just find something that works than learn things I won't be
able to use :-)

Anyway - for my current requirements Kirbybase will be fine and it
will be a gentle introduction into using databases.

Regards,

Fuzzy