IDLE won't launch, and other frustrations

Michael A. Covington look at www.covingtoninnovations.com.for.address
Wed Mar 24 09:57:35 EST 2004

"Dennis Lee Bieber" <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:l2a260lj050pch3sq57vfp29rsq099tgp9 at 4ax.com...
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:48:19 -0500, "Michael A. Covington"
> <snip>
> My apologies... The name seems familiar... "Astrophotography for
> the Amateur", by chance?

That's me!  Since I lead a double life, I'll give you both signature blocks
below...

By the way, the deal with WN16 was - can you believe it - an AUTOEXEC.BAT
file!  I didn't know such things would even still run under Windows XP, but
there it was.

WN16 is WordNet 1.6, from Princeton University, basically a huge synonym
dictionary of English.  They are up to version 2.0 now and it's much better
behaved.  The open-source community is _finally_ learning something about
how Windows works.  For a while there, inept Windows configuration seemed to
be a point of pride with some kinds of free software tools!

---------
Michael A. Covington, Associate Director
Artificial Intelligence Center, The University of Georgia
http://www.ai.uga.edu/~mc

--
Michael Covington   --  www.covingtoninnovations.com
and (new) How to Use a Computerized Telescope