Xemacs syntax highlighting

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) wmwd2zz02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 11 22:41:47 EST 2004

Jay Davis wrote:
> I use xemacs and syntax highlighting for my IDE, but I'm not a big
> fan of the default syntax highlighting colors.  For instance,
> in 'def fun():' both 'def' and 'fun' are the same color.

Funny you should mention this -- just today I set up
some custom colours for xemacs. I have my keywords set
to blue and function names to red (which is what it
used to be like in an earlier version of xemacs, and
I liked it better that way.)

My .emacs file currently contains:

(require 'font-lock)
(set-face-foreground 'font-lock-function-name-face "red3")
(set-face-foreground 'font-lock-keyword-face "blue3")
(set-face-foreground 'font-lock-comment-face "dark green")
(set-face-foreground 'font-lock-type-face "blue3")

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,