Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Mon Mar 29 16:42:25 EST 2004

I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a peek at my stackless
implementation and give me a grade :)

I don't know if you remember me, but I pissed you off in a rude posting I
made in a reply to you months ago (I apologize once again).  I was trying to
pickle a complicated graph of objects and getting recursions limit errors in
Python.  You were very helpfully telling me how to get around the problem in
a long message and I replied curtly and rudely that Python was broken and
I'd rather write something from scratch than try to use broken tools (it was
a bad day).

To make a long story short, that was the straw that broke the camel's back
and caused me to start work on Prothon.  I had been daydreaming about an
extrememly simple but powerful language with just a pile of lockable objects
for some time.  The fact that is uses Python syntax is secondary and only
because I like the syntax.  My real love is the internal object structure,
threading,  and interpreter.