[OT] Top posting is a PITA

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Wed Mar 31 07:04:15 EST 2004

    Didier> I do not read answers to questions I did not post, so I don't care
    Didier> about "unlearn a lifetime of knowledge about narrative flow in
    Didier> content".

So essentially Usenet should be a free Q&A automaton, where people
post questions and Usenet fairies go around answering them? Everybody
takes, nobody gives? I believe such service should cost you money...

Note that many read the newsgroup w/o having any questions of their
own, perhaps wanting to learn from the questions of others or see if
there is some interesting discussion going on. Top posting kills all
that.

It surprises me how much flammage people need before correcting the
error of their ways these days. Top posting might be forgivable for a
newbie/grandmother who is just trying his hand w/ Usenet for the first
time, but repeat offenders should be reprimanded.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb