drowning newbie

Stephen Horne steve at ninereeds.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 23:25:51 EST 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:19:15 GMT, "elizabeth fletcher"
<fletcher at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Actually, I have the .pyd file (which I understand is basically a dll file)
>and placed it in the DLL directory in the PYTHON23 directory.  In the
>interactive window I type "import calldll" and I get an error (ImportError:
>DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found)    I shoudn't if
>the dll is installed correctly.....right?

The folder is called 'DLLs' rather than 'DLL', but I imagine that's
just finger-trouble in your post. The 'DLLs' folder is definitely the
right place.

There are some problems that are not specifically related to Python,
though. The most likely is a dependency on other DLLs. You should
check whether your extension needs any other additional DLLs (e.g. the
runtime libraries for a particular compiler version) and make sure you
have them installed, either somewhere on you OS path or in the DLLs
folder where you placed the .pyd file.

--
Steve Horne