A 'Python like' language

Dang Griffith noemail at noemail4u.com
Mon Mar 29 07:21:09 EST 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:24:29 GMT, Steve Lamb <grey at despair.dmiyu.org>
wrote:

>On 2004-03-26, John Roth <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:
>> "D Martin" <dgmartin98.REMOVEME at hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ax%8c.9470$wg1.4018 at edtnps84...
>
>>> 3 solutions:
>
>>> 1. Use spaces instead of tabs.  Hit the space bar yourself, or an editor
>>> that replaces tabs with spaces.
>>> 2. Include as a .py or text file instead of inline.
>>> 3. Get a different email program.
>
>> All of these fail for one simple reason. Let's hit
>> the chorus, guys:
>
>> "We're right, everybody else needs to change..."
>
>    Hey, that's the Chorus from the Microsoft song!  You're the one using
>Lookout!  You're the one complaining about the shortfalls in your tools
>because Microsoft sings that song.  *YOU* deal with it.
It's not a Microsoft problem.  I use a webmail interface (for
email, not newsgroups), and regardless of which browser I use,
tabs are eliminated.  I'm not thinking it's a browser problem
either.  My suspicion is that some part of the back-end is
removing tabs because some other part of the back-end system
uses tabs for delimiters.  I know it's a non-Microsoft
back-end (I think it's FreeBSD).  Who should *I* rant at?  ;-)

When sending snippets, making a separate attachment can be
counterproductive since 1) it breaks the flow of any explanation,
and 2) many people are (justifiably) afraid to open attachments.
So attaching a file is not reader-friendly, though it does
solve the problem for the writer.

    --dang