Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Sun Mar 28 07:44:56 EST 2004

"Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> wrote in message
news:v0r9c.38988$cx5.22021 at fed1read04...
> > although for reasons I've mentioned elsewhere, I won't use Prothon.
>
> Can you please point me to those reasons?

Since I got into a minor flame war over them, including a
very snide and oh so superior response from one yahoo
who almost hit my killfile over it, I'll just mention that there
are ***very good***, that is ***extremely good***
reasons why the Python standard is to use spaces for
indentation, and why the option of using tabs will be
removed in 3.0.

There are enough interesting languages out there to
investigate that I simply won't bother with candidates
that don't play fair with ***all*** the tools I use,
or that people I communicate with use.

John Roth