drowning newbie

midtoad stewart at midtoad.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 12 22:06:23 EST 2004

elizabeth fletcher wrote:

> Want to use Sam Rushing's calldll Python Module on a windows box.  I don't
> understand how to install it.  I have several books that do not detail the
> steps in installing a 3rd party module in Windows.  Anybody want to throw
> me life preserver?

the installation process depends on whether you have source code or binary.

If it's source code, usually you unzip a package, then look for a file
called setup.py and run:
python setup.py build    (this step may not be required)
and then
python setup.py install

Your module will go into PYTHONDIR / lib/site-packages/MODULE_NAME.

if it's a binary dll file that you have, you just copy it into the
folllowing directory:
PYTHONDIR / DLLs.

At least that's the general approach for Python2.3.

cheers
Stewart