Extending Python Syntax with @

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Wed Mar 10 17:19:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:50:58 -0500, John Roth wrote:
> Someday people will get over their attachment with being able to write
> programs with any old text editor that happens to be lying around, and
> being able to print their programs without needing a special
> formatting program, but that day isn't today, and I doubt if it's
> tomorrow.

I doubt it's ever, because such a day would have to be preceded by the
day when programs no longer need to be inspected, maintained or
transferred between systems not specifically set up as developer
workstations.

--
 \     "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit |
  `\                                         atrocities."  -- Voltaire |