A 'Python like' language

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Mon Mar 29 04:19:47 EST 2004

> Not quite the same, as with Prothon it looks like it always relates to
> the self object, whereas in a `with' clause you can make it relates to
> any object you wish.

Just to confuse the issue, I'd like to point out that in Prothon, the
leading dot does always relate to the self object, but the 'with' clause
sets the self object to any object you want at any time.  So both statements
above are true at once.  The concept of changing the self object on the fly
is somewhat bizzare, much like changing the protoype on the fly, which you
can also do.

Mark Hahn (Prothon Author)

news:4064C129.1B8C937C at alcyone.com...