A 'Python like' language

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Mon Mar 29 16:27:35 EST 2004

> Is there some inter-operability sought between Prothon and Python?

No, I assumed from day one that the lack of classes meant a fundamental
incompatability.  However, even though I am designing a new language, I have
no desire to re-invent anything for any arbitrary reason, so I chose to
"steal"  everything from Python unless it conflicted with the prototype
paradigm or I or other Pythoners considered the current Python broken.  I am
changing to all of Guido's "regrets" for example.

One example of something I consider broken in Python is the generator scheme
using the def keyword and not allowing nesting of generators.  I just added
docs for my gen keyword today to the Prothon website.