A 'Python like' language

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Tue Mar 30 02:14:32 EST 2004

> Stackless-type systems tend to make this rather more convoluted than just
making a C function call.

I define a function call as:

call_func(ist, self, func_sym,  parm_cnt, lbl_val_arr, dyn_locals);

This call is the same for interpreted Prothon or internal C code.  It has
the self object, the symbol telling the function name, and the passed
parameters.  ist is a struct passed around everywhere to keep interpreter
state and keep things re-entrant.  dyn_locals is used for dynamic local
compatilility in C (which has never been used and may be pulled).
lbl_val_arr is a C array (length of parm_cnt) of object pairs of labels (sym
objects) and value objects.  The labels allow one to do func(x=value).
Usually, internally the labels are NULL.  This structure supports
func(*list, **dict) even internally.

You may call this convoluted if you wish.

"Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de)" <ieyf4fu02 at sneakemail.com> wrote in
message news:c4am81$2ha0mj$1 at ID-169208.news.uni-berlin.de...