Again: Please hear my plea: print without softspace

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Mar 5 00:47:35 EST 2004

"David MacQuigg" <dmq at gain.com> wrote in message
news:4pgf409lhtme32fb4gmdfdar8astq074jv at 4ax.com...
> Actually, I think this is rather ugly. The string 'method' still looks
> like a 'function'.  We really need a 'join' method that takes a list
> of strings as its 'front-door' object and the 'joiner' as its optional
> 'side-door' input.

A said in previous discussions, the second parameter of the join function
is *any* iterable of strings, and not just lists.  Your proposal would
either cripple or omit this generality, depending on whether you meant it
as a replacement of or redundant supplement to the current
joiner.join(iterable_of_strings) method.

Terry J. Reedy