Python job opening at GPO in Washington, DC

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Mon May 10 15:33:58 EDT 2004

William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> writes:

> I wish you good luck.  It's shame that they don't use LaTeX or shell
> scripts.

Traditionally it's been SGML, currently in transition to XML, with an
in-house typesetting application. Rumor has it that SVG is being
considered as the new page description language, and XSLT will be the
engine that drives this bus. However, I'm certainly not at a pay grade
that entitles me to make any predictions about what we'll wind up
working with.

This wouldn't be the first place where my fondness for things that
work has gotten me into trouble -- I'm used to it.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')