plot two data sets on gnuplot

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue May 11 08:33:28 EDT 2004

   >  I'm trying to write a script to pass a file of stock
   > prices and volumes, and plot the results on a gnuplot
   > graph which is non-overlapped graph.

   >              Fig. 1 ------------ Fig. 2

   >  Figure 1 is a graph of stock prices, and Figure 2 is a
   > graph of stock volumes, I'm trying to implement it as
   > following codes,

I don't use gnuplot, but I just wanted to let you know that I recently
added a finance module for matplotlib
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net that supports the kind of graph you
are trying to make.  It's fairly minimalist now, but will grow in the
near future.

Here is a screenshot of a financial chart I made to show off some of
the finance features

  http://nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/files/share/finance_demo.png

If you're interested, you can check out the finance_demo.py example in
the matplotlib src distribution, and if you want to seem more example
code than you find in that dir, email me and I'll send some your way.

Good luck!
John Hunter